Saturday, May 19, 2012

Trail names are a tradition in the long distance hiking community. I guess being dropped into another world warrants another name. We've hiked with Apocalypse, Pink Slime, the Dude, and Listener among others. Trail names must be given by someone else along the trail and are usually the result of an unintentional hiking faux pas. Drew acquired his early but I've hesitated to adopt a name like naughty pine or spankatron. However, coming down the out of the San Jacinto mountains, and having been used to the sandy trail surface of the desert, patches of snow along the trail proved to be a bit of a challenge. My backpack is apparently quite attracted to snow and so maybe I slipped a couple times and found myself lying on my back, arms and legs flailing unable to get up. Looking like a turtle struggling in the snow, I received my name.... Snow Turtle, that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment