Monday, May 7, 2012

The picture above is of the rec center we just dined in. We made it to Warner Springs for hamburgers and tri trip unbelievable. Now back into the wild. Lesson for the day comes from The Dude: 98% of the desert wants to kill you. The other 2% doesn't care if you live or if you die. (Language for less mature audiences) This is so true. Being from the south, I have felt heat but I have never felt my feet burning literally from the ground beneath it. Kristi's thermometer topped out at 120 yesterday.

So many other stories to tell: I am now named Agassi, I saw a 65 year old thru hiking mail try on a sports bra out of a hiking box, and yes I finally met Major Upchuck. I would love to tell them all, but we must hit the trail so we can set up camp before dark. 5 more miles to go.

Talk to you all soon,
Agassi

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got some steak, how are those feet holding up, Jimmy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hanging in there Frank. The feet are absolutely the weak spot in this whole ordeal. Most of the blisters are under control. Kristi has some ginormous ones but she is a trooper. We are thinking about taking another day here in Idyllwild. It is like Asheville except for only 5k people. Very cool town.

      Delete