Thursday, August 30, 2012

We are not alone on this trail. After over 1900 miles we have seen all kinds of animal tracks along the way but only recently did we start seeing these which are elk tracks. This morning on the way to Shelter Cove I looked down and saw these and moments later I heard an Elk call. This is something I have only heard on TV before. I questioned myself and then heard it again. I immediately went into stealth mode and climbed the hill I was on. I crept around the corner only to find a large hunter with a bow and an Elk call. Yes folks it elk season in OR. Apparently their rut begins in a week or so and hunting season has already begun so if you were going to send us those elk antlers to help us become decoys, please hold on to them for just a bit longer. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment