Thursday, August 30, 2012

Together at Crater Lake- we found someone willing to get close enough to us to take our picture. I sometimes wonder if the dirt stains will ever come out of my hands and feet, but we do try to stay as clean as possible. Perhaps one of the reasons we're continuing to get along...wet wipes are a wonderful invention. We are often asked, in one version or another, if we are able to stand each other after 4 months in the woods. We were told that a day in the trail is like 7 in the " real" world so it's actually been muchhhhh longer. My response to the curiosity is yes, we are still talking, still laughing, and sometimes even crying together. Ok, maybe it's just me who cries but Drew has become quite my motivator by becoming an expert in Love and Logic ( D&E you'd be proud). I.E. "you want to sleep tonight? Then get off your butt and move!" Or " you want that cheeseburger you've been
craving? 30 more miles. " But seriously, I would not have made it 100 miles without him. And we're still walking together till Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment