Sunday, September 23, 2012

One mile after the Coyote trail we stumbled into this site. We hiked 14 miles by sunset and we were both as tired as the first day we started this journey. I can say this though after that walk on the knifes edge food tasted better we ate the best ramen ever created that night along with our last ration of mint chocolate fudge. We saw the most beautiful sunset of the trip that night as pink light washed over Mt. Ranier in the distance. Everything was as it should be and nothing could be better. I understood the look of contentment that I saw on the other few south bounders that passed us as we headed to the Goat Rocks. It was as if we were granted a few more days to live and now the world was more beautiful than ever before. Thank you Goat Rocks for that ecstasy. I will never see that side of you again, but I may hike your other trails so long as I don't have to follow in the footsteps
of goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment