Sunday, September 23, 2012

After walking in clouds and tree drip for half a day we came upon the most beautiful sight I have seen this trip and that was a green tarp right on the trail that contained a Norwegian who yelled at me and called me Hiker Trash as soon as I came into view I saw the Thru Hiker bandannas hanging like Tibetan prayer flags from a nearby guy line. It was trail magic and some of the most beautiful trail magic, unexpected trail magic. It was even better than that it was unexpected trail magic that included hamburgers, cheese sausage, pickled herring (don't knock it till you've tried it), they even had homemade coffee drinks. Turtle and I were the third hikers here and by the end of the day there were more than a dozen of us who stayed the entire night. Apparently we broke a record. Thank you Stumbling Norwegian and Honeybee. You guys are amazing. Your generosity is unmatched.

No comments:

Post a Comment